Wednesday 15 August 2012

Quelques arpents de neige

I broke out the winter coat for the first time this season. I haven't even gotten around to having it cleaned yet so I'm walking around with last winter's mud splattered up the back. Very stylish. But it was -3 C when I got up this morning and I wasn't taking any chances with Mr. Jack Frost, who nips at a lot more than my nose, if you know what I'm sayin'. When you work up on the border of darkest Markham, close to the "Snow Belt", you have to dress for it.

I'm certainly eating for it. When the weather gets like this, I want to eat fattening things. Like chocolate cake. And chips. I was all about chips this weekend. But all I've got in the house are Goldfish crackers (Atomic BBQ flavour) and vanilla yogurt. Such is the pantry of an unmarried, childless woman. I'll have to post photographs of my fridge soon - Maria did. Mine doesn't look that much different, except I tend to store perfume in there. Right now I have a bottle of Shalimar, some L'Air du Temps, and Nantucket Briar cuddling up to the left-over black bean soup and the vanilla yogurt. There was a bottle of L'Heure Bleu in there too but I use it every day so I've moved it out.

And you thought librarians were stodgy!

No comments:

Post a Comment